Wednesday, February 7, 2018

C for Clean or D for Distress at ABC Christmas Challenge



Our February challenge at ABC Christmas Challenge is live and this month we want to see

C for Clean
or
D for Distress

on your Christmas themed projects. Our sponsor is Lawn Fawn and I used two stamp sets by them on my Clean card above. The trees are from the Joy to the Woods stamp set and the rabbits and stars are from the Upon a Star set. 

Lawn Fawn

My first card is a CAS style card with no embellishments just stamping and coloring. The background was created with blueprint distress oxide ink and the sentiment is from My Favorite Things - Clearly Sentimental About Christmas stamp set. For the next card I used another stamp set by MFT - Sophisticated Snowflakes. 


My second card is D for Distress and I used distress oxide inks to create my background. First I stamped the snowflakes with Versamark ink then embossed with WOW's Sparkling Snow embossing glitter. The embossing resists the ink and allowed me to blend faded jeans and chipped sapphire distress oxide inks over the background. A soft cloth rubbed gently over the snowflakes restored their pristine image. I fussy cut a fishtail banner and stamped a sentiment from Verve's Holiday Treats set in black tie ink by Ranger. 

To see more inspiration visit the challenge blog to see what my design team mates created for you. You have until the 28th of February to play along with this challenge.
Good Luck!

Lisa xx


4 comments:

Lorraine A said...

Gorgeous cards Lisa, the first one is adorable and I love the snowflakes and background on the distressed card, both are beautiful 😍

Luv
Lols x x x

Sharon said...

Those bunnies are so cute! Both great cards, but I have to say the second one is stunning.

Samantha said...

These are fabulous Lisa Love them both,
hugs me xx

Inkyfingers said...

These are gorgeous cards Lisa. I love the sweet scene you created with the rabbits and the colouring is wonderful! I love that the second card would be great for batch making.
Hugs
Carol x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...